Title: Watersport Rental Attendant
Reports to: Park Manager
Date: March 2019
Summary of Responsibilities:
Watersport Rental Attendants are responsible for providing safe and knowledgeable rental service to campers and park visitors. Watersport Rental Attendants should be comfortable working independently and have intermediate boating/paddling knowledge as well as excellent customer service.
- Provide Watersport rental equipment and concessionary items to all park visitors.
- Ensure that a safe, clean and sanitary environment is maintained in all Operating Areas.
- Compliance with all Sea to Sky Park Services policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain an inventory of concessionary items and place orders with the Park Manager when needed.
- To follow proper cash/credit handling and record keeping procedures.
- To follow proper cash out and daily reconciliation procedures.
- Administer the boat safety talk to each guest.
- Enforce the safety rules and regulations, including the wearing of PFD’s.
- Perform equipment and gear safety checks and ensure all issues are reported to the Park Manager.
- Ensure proper completion of and understanding of the waiver forms.
- Understand and adhere to all emergency procedures outlined in the manual.
- Perform basic first aid and emergency response if required.
- Cleaning and maintaining areas surrounding the rental hut which may include landscaping, litter pick up, raking etc.
- To provide assistance with park patrol, park information and site facilities maintenance as required.
- Previous paddling experience required, Basic Flatwater Level 1 certificate or Instructor SUP Flatwater Level 1 certificate is an asset.
- Valid Occupational First Aid level 1.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License required.
- Cash handling experience.
- Ability to keep organized and detailed records in regard to rental tracking, waiver forms, etc.
- Must be responsible and able to work independently
- Strong public relations and guest service skills required, must be able to be assertive while maintaining a friendly manner.
- Able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to respond appropriately to emergencies.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. – handling canoes and paddleboards
- Walking and standing up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to swim
Terms of Employment:
- Wages will range from $14.00 to $16.00 per hour based on experience and location
- Employment will be from June to Sept 1st
- Hours of operation approximately 9:30 – 5.30/6.30 weather permitting.
Top: Branded t-shirt (provided)
Bottom: Dark pants or shorts. Shorts should be mid length and fall 2 inches above the knee or longer.
Footwear: Closed toe footwear is required to prevent unnecessary injury due to working in a slippery and wet environment. A sturdy sandal is recommended, however if assisting with other park duties a light hiker would be necessary.
To apply or for more information please email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter and indicate the position and location in the subject line.