Title: Watersport Rental Attendant (Sasquatch Provincial Park)
Reports to: Paddle sport Supervisor/ Manager.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Water sport Rental Attendants are responsible for providing a safe and knowledgeable rental service to campers and park visitors. Water sport Rental Attendants should be comfortable working independently and have intermediate boating/paddling knowledge as well as excellent customer service skills & experience.
- Provide Watersport rental equipment and concessionary items to all park visitors.
- Ensure that a safe, clean, and sanitary environment is maintained in all Operating Areas.
- Perform maintenance on Paddle equipment.
- Compliance with all Sea to Sky Park Services policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain an inventory of concessionary items and place orders with the Paddle sports Supervisor/ Manager when needed.
- To follow proper cash/credit handling and record keeping procedures.
- To follow proper cash out and daily reconciliation procedures.
- Administer the boat safety talk to each guest.
- Enforce the safety rules and regulations, including the wearing of PFD’s.
- Perform equipment and gear safety checks and ensure all issues are reported to the Paddle sports Supervisor/ Manager, as necessary.
- Ensure proper completion of and understanding of the waiver forms.
- Understand and adhere to all emergency procedures outlined in the manual.
- Perform basic first aid and emergency response if required.
- Follow all safety guild lines set out by Transport Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada & Canadian Coast Guard.
- Cleaning and maintaining areas surrounding the rental hut which may include landscaping, litter pick up, raking etc.
- To aid with park patrol, park information and site facilities maintenance as required.
- Previous paddling experience required, Basic Flatwater Level 1 certificate or Instructor SUP Flatwater Level 1 certificate is an asset.
- Valid Occupational First Aid level 1. An asset
- B.C. Driver’s License an asset.
- Cash handling experience.
- Ability to keep organized and detailed records regarding rental tracking, waiver forms, etc.
- Must be mature, responsible, and able to work independently.
- Strong public relations and guest service skills required, must be able to be assertive while maintaining a friendly manner.
- Able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to respond appropriately to emergencies.
- Able to lift to 40 lbs. – handling canoes and paddleboards.
- Walking and standing up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to swim.
Terms of Employment:
- Employment will be from May to Sept.
- Hours of operation approximately 9:30 – 5.30/6.30 weather permitting.
Top: Branded t-shirt (provided)
Bottom: Dark pants or shorts. Shorts should be mid length and fall 2 inches above the knee or longer.
Footwear: Closed toe footwear is required to prevent unnecessary injury due to working in a slippery and wet environment. A sturdy sandal is recommended, however if assisting with other park duties a light hiker would be necessary.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to; firstname.lastname@example.org