Title: Park Grounds & Maintenance
Reports to: Park Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
Park Grounds/Maintenance workers are responsible for maintaining the parkland areas with the primary focus being on landscaping and maintenance activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compliance with all Sea to Sky Park Services policies and procedures
- Carry out facility maintenance in accordance with the quality control plan to ensure park facilities are maintained to park standards – ensuring a safe, clean and sanitary environment in all Operating Areas.
- The safe use of all required machinery and equipment
- The identification of and minor maintenance of all equipment utilized (i.e. lawn mower, leaf blower, etc.)
- Landscaping duties throughout the parkland areas include; pruning, leaf blowing, lawnmowing, weeding, bucking and limbing
- Painting and staining
- Minor carpentry, plumbing and general repairs
- Maintain a high level of communication between co-workers and the Park Manager.
- Maintain a safe and positive work environment
- Monitor what’s going on in the park and respond appropriately
- Provide information to park visitors and ensure they have the best experience possible
- Other related duties as required
Skills & Abilities:
- Previous landscaping and/or maintenance experience required
- Experience with a variety of landscaping equipment
- Good public relations and guest service skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish good working relationships with managers, supervisors and co-workers
- Previous experience working in an outdoor environment and the ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume environment
- Resourceful and able to work independently in remote locations
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to walk up to 5km per day
- Continuous bending, lifting, carrying of materials
- Standing up to 8 or more hours per day
- Pushing and pulling equipment such as lawnmowers etc.
- WHMIS / Occupational Safety knowledge or certification
- Chainsaw Operator Certificate (course available through Sea to Sky Parks)
- Valid Occupational First Aid Level 1 (course available through Sea to Sky Parks)
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid BC Driver’s License & Abstract required (work truck is provided during shift)
Terms and Conditions:
Seasonal hourly paid position
Must be willing to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required – hours of work will vary
Own vehicle is required to travel to and from the park
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating that you are applying for the Grounds & Maintenance position at Sasquatch Provincial Park – please monitor all your email inboxes in case our response goes to junk mail.