Title: Park Trailhead Supervisor – Joffre Lakes Provincial Park
Reports to: Area Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Park Trailhead Supervisor – Joffre Lakes is a hands-on position responsible for supervising a team of Trailhead Workers who are responsible for managing trail use capacity, maintaining trailhead and day use areas and facilites and to act as Park Ambassadors at the entrance to Joffre Lakes Provincial Park. The goal being to provide information to the public and ensure a pleasant and safe experience for all park users.
The Trailhead Supervisor will oversee the entire operation providing guidance and leadership to the Trailhead worker team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compliance with all Sea to Sky Park Services policies and procedures.
- Assist with the recruitment, training and orientation of a seasonal team of Trailhead workers
- Responsible for creating and maintaining work schedules
- Oversee company vehicle usage ensuring vehicles are available and being utilized appropriately.
- Work with trail head staff to provide information to the public on the park, trails and local area.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise, supporting trailhead workers to find solutions.
- Support Trailhead Workers to ensure that trail capacities are maintained within safe pre-determined limits.
- Deal with enquires from park users in a professional and informative manner.
- Provide education to park users and Act as Park Ambassadors.
- Assist with / oversee facility maintenance at the trailheads and in park areas as needed.
- Ensure the safe use of all required machinery and equipment.
- Ensure proper record keeping procedures are followed
- Assist with / ensure designated park gates are opened to the public and closed at the end of the day as required.
- Ensure park compliance and security by informing guests of park regulations and ensuring that guests are abiding by park usage guidelines / regulations.
- Call in assistance from other agencies as required e.g. Police, Fire, Ambulance, Search and Rescue, BC Parks as per park polices.
- Respond to emergency situations as required.
- Maintain a high level of communication between co-workers, employees, Park Managers, Area Park Managers, Head Office and BC Parks.
- Maintain a safe and positive work environment
- Monitor what’s going on in the park and respond appropriately
- Ensuring that all park visitors have the best experience possible.
- Other related duties as required.
Park Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- The Park Trailhead Supervisor will ensure the smooth operation of the Joffre Lakes Trailhead – which will involve working independently with a small team of staff.
Skills & Abilities
- Good public relations and guest service skills required.
- Previous supervisory experience ideally in a similar work environment
- Resourceful and able to work independently with minimal supervision in remote locations.
- Ability to enforce Park rules and gain voluntary compliance in an effective manner
- Valid Occupational First Aid level 1.
- Valid B.C. Drivers License required.
- Ability to keep organized and detailed records in regards to park usage, park incidents etc.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Previous experience working in an outdoor work environment.
- Knowledge of BC Parks
- Must be able to walk up to 10 kms per day
- Standing up to 8 or more hours per day
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including early shift, day shift weekends and holidays
- Calm with the ability to respond to emergency situations in a professional manner
Terms and Conditions
- Seasonal f/t hourly paid position commencing in Late May and running until October
- Uniform Provided
- Own vehicle to travel to and from Nairn Falls Provincial Park which will be the starting point for this position.