Title: Park Manager
Reports to: Area Manager
Date: January 2019
Sea to Sky Park Services is currently seeking a hands on Park Manager for Birkenhead Lake Provincial Park, located 1 hour north of Pemberton BC. This is a full time seasonal (April 7 to October 7) position reporting to our Area Manager. The position is live in, accommodation provided. Experience hiring, training and managing a team of 4 staff, along with good organizational and communications skills is required for this position.
- General duties for the position are, but not limited to:
- Ensure staff training, feedback, direction and supervision so that park meets standards set out in Facility Specifications manual.
- Maintain inspection frequencies and administer Quality Control Program in park.
- Provide visitor information, assistance, fee collection, address compliance issues and ensure a quality experience
- Directly participate in park operations such as maintenance, public safety and park security, cleaning, fee collection, record keeping and reporting
- Maintain regular communications and positive working relationship with area manager and BC Parks.
- Experience in parks or related field.
- Experience with management and supervision of staff.
- Knowledge wide range of tools, equipment, vehicles, etc.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Office programs. General computer, office equipment knowledge and cash handling is required.
- WHMIS/ Occupational Safety knowledge or certification
- First Aid
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid BC Drivers License (must have reliable own vehicle as public transport not viable) work truck is provided during shift
- Driver’s License Abstract required as driving company vehicle while working
- Willing to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required for the operations- hours of work will vary with the season
Rate of pay $17-$20 per hour depending on experience
To apply please forward a resume and covering letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 604 986 2267