Title: Traffic Control – Part Time, Weekends
Reports to: Park Manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
Traffic Controllers are responsible for providing a safe, and well-organized flow of traffic for guests on the route in and out of the Provincial Park, while fulfilling Sea to Sky Park Services contractual agreements within the Park Use Permit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compliance with all Sea to Sky Park Services policies and procedures
- Carry out facility maintenance in accordance with the quality control plan to ensure park facilities are maintained to park standards – ensuring a safe, clean and sanitary environment in all Operating Areas.
- The safe use of all required traffic control equipment
- Enforcing parking compliance, if working at an area that charges parking fees
- Ensure park compliance and security by ensuring parkland areas are patrolled and guests are abiding by the campground and park usage guidelines
- Maintain a high level of communication between co-workers and the Park Manager
- Maintain a safe and positive work environment
- Monitor what’s going on in the park and respond appropriately
- Provide information to park visitors and ensure they have the best experience possible
- Other related duties as required
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to keep organized and detailed records regarding park usage, maintenance requirements, etc.
- Strong public relations and guest service skills required, must be able to be assertive while maintaining a friendly manner
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish good working relationships with managers, supervisors and co-workers
- Previous experience working in an outdoor environment and the ability to work in a variety of weather conditions an asset
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume environment
- Resourceful and able to work independently in remote locations
- Knowledge of the Park Act and the ability to gain voluntary compliance and defuse confrontational situations in an effective manner an asset
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to walk up to 5 kms per day
- Continuously bending, lifting, carrying of materials
- Standing up to 8 hours per day
- TCP Certificate an asset but not essential
- WHMIS / Occupational Safety knowledge or certification
- Valid Occupational First Aid Level 1 (course available through Sea to Sky Parks)
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid BC Driver’s License & Abstract required (work truck is provided during shift)
Terms and Conditions:
Part Time Seasonal hourly paid position
Days of work – Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holiday Mondays.
Must be willing to work weekends, evenings and holidays – hours of work will vary
Own vehicle is required to travel to and from the park
Staff that complete a full summer season for Sea to Sky Parks are eligible to receive a full season pass from our parent company Mt Seymour Resorts the following winter worth $800. Ski and ride all season long and take advantage of reciprocal deals with other mountain partners such as Sasquatch and Manning Park to name but a few. Terms & Conditions apply.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating that you are applying for the Park Patrol position in Sasquatch Provincial Park.