Title: Fraser Valley Watersport Rental Supervisor
Reports to: Paddlesports Manager / Rentals Manager
Date: March 2019
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Fraser Valley Watersport Rental Supervisor is responsible for providing safe and knowledgeable rental service to campers and park visitors. The Watersport Rental Supervisor should be comfortable working independently and have intermediate boating/paddling knowledge as well as excellent customer service skills. This position will involve some travel between the Cultus Lake and Sasquatch (Hicks Lake) Paddlesport locations.
- Organize and schedule staff for Cultus Lake and Sasquatch locations.
- Ensure Paddle shop is open for posted operating hours.
- Advise and report on repairs, equipment use.
- Request spares and perform maintenance on Paddle equipment.
- Ensure staff are following correct Standards and safety protocols.
- Perform continued training throughout season with watersport Rental Attendants
- Provide Watersport rental equipment and concessionary items to all park visitors.
- Ensure that a safe, clean and sanitary environment is maintained in all Operating Areas.
- Compliance with all Sea to Sky Park Services policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain an inventory of concessionary items and place orders with the Park Manager when needed.
- To follow proper cash/credit handling and record keeping procedures.
- To follow proper cash out and daily reconciliation procedures.
- Administer the boat safety talk to each guest – ensure all employees are trained in this area.
- Enforce the safety rules and regulations, including the wearing of PFD’s.
- Perform equipment and gear safety checks and ensure all issues are reported to the Park Manager or Rentals Manager as necessary.
- Ensure proper completion of and understanding of the waiver forms.
- Understand and adhere to all emergency procedures outlined in the manual.
- Perform basic first aid and emergency response if required.
- Review and Improve safety procedures at both locations.
- Cleaning and maintaining areas surrounding the rental hut which may include landscaping, litter pick up, raking etc.
- To provide assistance with park patrol, park information and site facilities maintenance as required.
- Previous paddling experience required, Basic Flatwater Level 1 certificate or Instructor SUP Flatwater Level 1 certificate is an asset.
- Valid Occupational First Aid level 1.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License required.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Cash handling experience.
- Ability to keep organized and detailed records in regard to rental tracking, waiver forms, etc.
- Must be responsible and able to work independently
- Strong public relations and guest service skills required, must be able to be assertive while maintaining a friendly manner.
- Able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to respond appropriately to emergencies.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. – handling canoes and paddleboards
- Walking and standing up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to swim
Terms of Employment:
- Wages will range from $16.00 to $17.00 per hour based on experience and location
- Employment will be from June to Sept 1st
- Hours of operation approximately 9:30 – 5.30/6.30 weather permitting.
Top: Branded t-shirt (provided)
Bottom: Dark pants or shorts. Shorts should be mid length and fall 2 inches above the knee or longer.
Footwear: Closed toe footwear is required to prevent unnecessary injury due to working in a slippery and wet environment. A sturdy sandal is recommended, however if assisting with other park duties a light hiker would be necessary.
To apply or for more information please email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter and indicate the position and location in the subject line.