Title: Seasonal Park Operator
Reports to: Park Manager
Date: February 2020
Sea to Sky Parks is currently hiring for full time seasonal park operators to join our team working at Nairn Falls Provincial Park which is located about 30 minutes North of Whistler. Positions are live on site – with accommodation provided. Positions commence April 15th approximately and run until October 1st. Park Operators are responsible for providing a safe, clean and well organized park environment for guests, while fulfilling Sea to Sky Park Services contractual agreements within the Park Use Permit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compliance with all Sea to Sky Park Services policies and procedures
- Carry out facility maintenance in accordance with the quality control plan to ensure park facilities are maintained to park standards – ensuring a safe, clean and sanitary environment in all Operating Areas.
- Maintain trailheads which includes raking gravel, sweeping around kiosks, maintaining garbage bins and litter picking around parkland areas.
- Cleaning and maintaining campground sites, including picnic tables and fire pits
- Maintenance of washroom facilities which includes sweeping and cleaning the facilities and/or outhouses, restocking of supplies and notifying maintenance personnel of any repairs that are required.
- The safe use of all required machinery and equipment
- Collection and reporting – To follow proper cash handling and record keeping procedures
- Open designated park gates to the public and close the gates at the end of the day
- Enforcing parking compliance, if working at an area that charges parking fees
- Ensure park compliance and security by ensuring parkland areas are patrolled and guests are abiding by the campground and park usage guidelines
- Maintain a high level of communication between co-workers and the Park Manager
- Maintain a safe and positive work environment
- Monitor what’s going on in the park and respond appropriately
- Provide information to park visitors and ensure they have the best experience possible
- Other related duties as required
Skills & Abilities:
- Cash handling experience
- Ability to keep organized and detailed records regarding park usage, maintenance requirements, etc.
- Strong public relations and guest service skills required, must be able to be assertive while maintaining a friendly manner
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish good working relationships with managers, supervisors and co-workers
- Previous experience working in an outdoor environment and the ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Knowledge of parks and/or grounds maintenance methods and the ability to safely and effectively operate and maintain a wide range of hand tools, power tools, vehicles and equipment
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume environment
- Resourceful and able to work independently in remote locations
- Knowledge of the Park Act and the ability to gain voluntary compliance and defuse confrontational situations in an effective manner
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to walk up to 5 kms per day
- Continuously bending, lifting, carrying of materials
- Standing up to 8 or more hours per day
- Pushing and pulling equipment such as leaf blowers etc.
- Completed or Enrolled in an undergraduate degree or technical diploma in natural resource management, outdoor recreation or a related field
- WHMIS / Occupational Safety knowledge or certification
- Valid Occupational First Aid Level 1 (course available through Sea to Sky Parks)
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid BC Driver’s License & Abstract required (work truck is provided during shift)
To apply or for more information please email email@example.com