* Please note as Sea to Sky Park Services operates as a contractor for BC Parks all employees of the company are required to pass a Criminal Record Check – this will be conducted at the time of hire and all costs associated with this will be covered by Sea To Sky Parks.
Park Manager – Birkenhead Lake Provincial Park
Sea to Sky Park Services is currently seeking a hands on Park Manager for Birkenhead Lake Provincial Park, located 1 hour north of Pemberton BC.
This is a full time seasonal (April 7 to October 7) position reporting to our Area Manager. The position is live in, accommodation provided.
Experience in hiring, training and managing a team of 4 staff, along with good organizational and communications skills is required for this position.
General duties for the position are, but not limited to:
Ensure staff training, feedback, direction and supervision so that park meets standards set out in Facility Specifications manual.
Maintain inspection frequencies and administer Quality Control Program in park.
Provide visitor information, assistance, fee collection, address compliance issues and ensure a quality experience
Directly participate in park operations such as maintenance, public safety and park security, cleaning, fee collection, record keeping and reporting
Maintain regular communications and positive working relationship with area manager and BC Parks.
- Experience in parks or related field
- Experience with management and supervision of staff.
- Knowledge wide range of tools, equipment, vehicles, etc.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Office programs. General computer, office equipment knowledge and cash handling is required.
- WHMIS/ Occupational Safety knowledge or certification
- First Aid
- Ciminal Record Check
- Valid BC Drivers License (must have reliable own vehicle as public transport not viable) work truck is provided during shift
- Driver’s License Abstract required as driving company vehicle while working
- Willing to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required for the operations- hours of work will vary with the season
Rate of pay $17-$20 per hour depending on experience
To apply please forward a resume and covering letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 604-986-2267
Park Worker – Porteau Cove Provincial Park
Sea to Sky Park Services Operates a number of Provincial Parks, Day Use Areas and Campgrounds in the Sea to Sky Corridor. We are currently looking for a F/T Park Worker to join our team working at our Porteau Cove location.
There is the possibility of accommodation for this position.
The position will commence immediately.
- Cleaning and maintenance of park facilities including day use areas, camp sites, beach areas, etc.
- Landscaping and grounds maintenance
- Park registration and fee collections
- Visitor information
- Park regulation compliance activities
- Minor maintenance of park facilities
- Other park duties as required
- Flexible work schedules including some evenings and weekends.
We are seeking people who are self-motivated, have a positive attitude and enjoy working outdoors with the public. Some relevant experience preferred, this includes work in the grounds keeping, facilities maintenance, customer service, compliance/enforcement, and cash handling fields.
A valid BC driver’s licence is also required.
This is a great position working outdoors in a beautiful park setting!
Pay rate is $16.00 per hour, plus $100 per month mileage/gas allowance. To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com indicating that you are applying for our Porteau Cove position.
Sea to Sky Park Services Ltd operates a number of Parks and Campgrounds throughout the Sea to Sky corridor, we will be recruiting for other positions throughout the spring, please contact us for more details.
We accept ongoing open applications throughout the season for the following positions: Park Patrol, Park Workers, Gatehouse, and Grounds. These are seasonal positions, with rounds of hiring in March, April, May and June.
To apply please forward a resume and covering letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org