* Please note as Sea to Sky Park Services operates as a contractor for BC Parks all employees of the company are required to pass a Criminal Record Check – this will be conducted at the time of hire and all costs associated with this will be covered by Sea To Sky Parks.
Park Manager – Sasquatch Provincial Park
Sea to Sky Park Services Ltd operates a number of Provincial Parks, Campgrounds and Day Use areas in the Fraser Valley. We are currently hiring for a Park Manager for our Sasquatch location.
The position is full time year round reporting to our Parks Area Manager.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Park Manager is a hands-on position responsible for providing a safe, clean and efficient environment for park guests and staff, while fulfilling Mount Seymour’s contractual agreements within the Park Use Permit.
- Compliance with all Sea to Sky Parks Services policies and procedures as set out in the Employee handbook.
- To follow Sea to Sky Park Services contractual duties outlined in the Park Use Permit.
- Hire, train and supervise support staff, this may include Park Workers, Park Patrollers, Park Maintenance Staff and Canoe, Kayak and Stand Up Paddle Board Concession Workers
- Develop and administer area budget based on previous years expenditures, upcoming projects and area needs.
- Patrol the parking lot and park land areas and inform guests of park regulations such as designated camping areas, dogs on leashes, etc.
- Maintain trail heads, this includes: raking gravel, sweeping kiosk areas, maintaining garbage bins and map stands and picking up garbage from along the road side.
- Minor maintenance of washroom facilities, this includes: sweeping and cleaning the facilities and/or outhouses, restocking of supplies, and notifying maintenance personnel of any repairs that are required.
- The identification of and minor maintenance of all equipment utilized (i.e. lawn mower, leaf blower, etc.).
- Accurate and detailed record keeping in regards to general public park usage.
- Accurate record keeping in regards to duties performed and tasks to be completed.
- To ensure the safe use of all required machinery and equipment.
- To conduct a regular inventory of products used and to report shortages.
- If working at an overnight campground facility, providing security for the area by conducting an area patrol and ensuring that guests are abiding by the campground usage guidelines
- Other related duties as required.
- Completion of/or enrollment in a related educational program and previous experience working in the recreation field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Occupational First Aid level 1.
- Previous experience in landscaping and small equipment operation an asset.
- Valid B.C. Drivers License required.
- Cash handling experience, with the ability to conduct basic banking transactions.
- Ability to keep organized and detailed records in regards to park usage, maintenance requirements, etc.
- Administrative abilities including advanced word processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Responsible and self-motivated.
- Strong public relations and guest service skills required, must be able to be assertive while maintaining a friendly manner.
- Able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to be a supportive team member.
Shifts will include weekends and some evenings.
To apply please submit a resume and covering letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you are applying for the Sasquatch Manager Position.
We accept ongoing open applications throughout the season for the following positions: Gatehouse attendants, Park Patrol, and Park Attendants. These are seasonal positions, with the first round of jobs commencing in March.
To apply please forward a resume and covering letter to Human Resources at email@example.com