* Please note as Sea to Sky Park Services operates as a contractor for BC Parks all employees of the company are required to pass a Criminal Record Check – this will be conducted at the time of hire and all costs associated with this will be covered by Sea To Sky Parks.
Park Manger – Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park
We are currently seeking a F/T seasonal Park Manager for our Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park location. This position would report to our Parks Area Manager – Fraser Valley.
Position will commence in April and run until approximately October.
- Overall responsibility for the daily operations of the park.
- Hire, train and supervise a seasonal team of staff
- Ensure facility maintenance in accordance with the Qualify Control Plan,
- Administrative tasks and monthly statistical and financial reporting
- Public safety & park security
- Maintain effective relationships with park visitors, the community , government and non-government groups
- Ensure the park is operating within clearly defined operating standards
- Oversee all park compliance activities.
- Provide information to park visitors
- Ensure service standards within the park.
- Identifying and addressing public safety issues
- Undertaking liability and risk assessments and taking corrective action
- Other park duties as required
– Flexible work schedules, including some evenings and weekends.
Skills & Abilities
- Related educational certifications
- Previous experience in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of parks and/or grounds maintenance methods and equipment.
- Previous experience working in an outdoor work environment.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution procedures
- Knowledge of the BC Park Act and related regulations.
- Good written and oral communication, team participation, and coordination skills
- Ability to safely and effectively operate and maintain a wide range of hand tools, power tools, vehicles and equipment
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently in remote work locations
A valid BC driver’s licence is also required.
Due to the location of Chilliwack Lake own vehicle will be required to travel to and from the park to work. Potential for live on site accommodations if required.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you are applying for the Manager position – Chilliwack Lake.
Park Patrol – Sasquatch Provincial Park
We are currently hiring for Evening Park Patrollers to join our team working at Sasquatch Provincial Park. Park Patrollers are responsible for patrolling the parkland areas to ensure a safe, clean, inviting and functional environment for guests.
Positions will commence in March and run until September or October.
Park Patrol Duties:
– Patrolling the parkland areas to ensure park regulation compliance
– Fee collection
– Providing information to the public and educating the public on BC parks.
– Other park duties as required
– Shifts will include primarily evenings, with some weekend work.
All Candidates should be mature, responsible and self-motivated, have a positive attitude and enjoy working outdoors with the public. Some relevant experience preferred, this includes work in the customer service, compliance/enforcement, and cash handling fields. A valid BC driver’s licence is also required.
Pay rate is $15.00-$16.00 per hour. (Dependent on experience) To apply please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating that you are applying for the Park Manager Position at Chilliwack Lake.
We accept ongoing open applications throughout the season for the following positions: Gatehouse attendants, Park Patrol, and Park Attendants. These are seasonal positions, with the first round of jobs commencing in March.
To apply please forward a resume and covering letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org