Title: Seasonal Park Operator
Reports to: Park Manager
Date: February 2020
Sea to Sky Parks is currently hiring for full time seasonal park operators to join our team working at Birkenhead Lake Provincial Park which is located about 1 and a half hours North of Whistler. Positions are live on site – with accommodation provided. Positions commence May 1st approximately and run until October 1st. Park Operators are responsible for providing a safe, clean and well organized park environment for guests, while fulfilling Sea to Sky Park Services contractual agreements within the Park Use Permit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compliance with all Sea to Sky Park Services policies and procedures
- Carry out facility maintenance in accordance with the quality control plan to ensure park facilities are maintained to park standards – ensuring a safe, clean and sanitary environment in all Operating Areas.
- Maintain trailheads which includes raking gravel, sweeping around kiosks, maintaining garbage bins and litter picking around parkland areas.
- Cleaning and maintaining campground sites, including picnic tables and fire pits
- Maintenance of washroom facilities which includes sweeping and cleaning the facilities and/or outhouses, restocking of supplies and notifying maintenance personnel of any repairs that are required.
- The safe use of all required machinery and equipment
- Collection and reporting – To follow proper cash handling and record keeping procedures when required either by working in the gatehouse or in-park collections.
- Open designated park gates to the public and close the gates at the end of the day
- Enforcing parking compliance, if working at an area that charges parking fees
- Ensure park compliance and security by ensuring parkland areas are patrolled and guests are abiding by the campground and park usage guidelines
- Maintain a high level of communication between co-workers and the Park Manager
- Maintain a safe and positive work environment
- Monitor what’s going on in the park and respond appropriately
- Provide information to park visitors and ensure they have the best experience possible
- Other related duties as required
- Provide Watersport rental equipment to all park visitors
Skills & Abilities:
- Cash handling experience
- Ability to keep organized and detailed records regarding park usage, maintenance requirements, etc.
- Strong public relations and guest service skills required, must be able to be assertive while maintaining a friendly manner
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish good working relationships with managers, supervisors and co-workers
- Previous experience working in an outdoor environment and the ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Knowledge of parks and/or grounds maintenance methods and the ability to safely and effectively operate and maintain a wide range of hand tools, power tools, vehicles and equipment
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume environment
- Resourceful and able to work independently
- Knowledge of the Park Act and the ability to gain voluntary compliance and defuse confrontational situations in an effective manner
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to walk up to 5 kms per day
- Continuously bending, lifting, carrying of materials
- Standing up to 8 or more hours per day
- Pushing and pulling equipment such as lawnmowers etc.
- Completed or Enrolled in an undergraduate degree or technical diploma in natural resource management, outdoor recreation or a related field
- WHMIS / Occupational Safety knowledge or certification
- Valid Occupational First Aid Level 1 (course available through Sea to Sky Parks)
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid BC Driver’s License & Abstract required (work truck is provided during shift)
To apply or for more information please email email@example.com