Based in the Squamish Area covering the parks we operate: Porteau Cove, Shannon Falls, Murrin Lake, Stawamus Chief, Alice Lake, Diamond Head, and Garibaldi Trailheads, Nairn Falls, Birkenhead Lake, Joffre Lakes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Area Manager will be responsible for all day-to-day park operations through the supervision of all Park Managers. The Area Manager will be in contact with Park Managers regularly through site visits and phone calls, providing guidance and support and ensuring standards are consistent, and that the necessary staff, tools, and supplies are in place. The Area Manager will also ensure the Quality Control Plan is being followed. Preventative Maintenance projects will be administered by the Area Manager. The Area Manager will foster cooperative relations with BC Parks and be their first point of contact for Bundle Operational matters.
- Ensure the successful completion of all elements of the contract and proposed business plan
- Compliance with all Sea to Sky Park Services policies and procedures
- Participate in the budgeting and cost control for the operating area
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Operational Plans and updating the Three-Year Business Plan
- Preparation of emergency response plans
- Ensure consistency in service delivery and operational standards by the BC Parks’ Facility Specifications.
- Oversee seasonal recruitment and training programs in conjunction with Park Managers.
- Working with the Human Resources Manager and General Manager, provide accommodation for staff in certain parks
- Maintain and mobilize travel trailers to parks for staff accommodation
- Schedule and coordinate annual park opening and closing with park managers, providing oversight and support with start-up, and shutdown, providing supplies and equipment, and meeting BC Parks requirements for opening day
- Hire and train Park Managers.
- Assist in the evaluation of Preventative maintenance projects for submission to the Province
- Completion of Preventative and Operational maintenance projects
- Coordination and/or completion of hazard tree assessments, including reports and remedial work.
- Conduct and/or coordinate annual marine and dock inspections and remedial work.
- Complete and/or coordinate Facility Condition Assessments by STS Quality Control Plan.
- Ensure that a safe, clean, and sanitary environment is maintained to standard within the Operating Area.
- Oversee and manage water systems in each park including winterizing and starting up of systems annually, and the operation of water systems including filters and chlorine. Comply with Vancouver Coastal Health Authority drinking water regulations including water testing and the submission of annual reports
- Oversee and manage septic systems in each park including the inspection of Sani-fields, monitoring septic flows, maintaining Sani-stations, repairs and maintenance of pumps (using contractors), the provision of enzymes, and coordinating septic pumping
- Oversee commercial garbage collection services and ensure recycling programs are in place
- Oversee and manage contract snow removal services at Alice Lake and Diamondhead Trailhead
- Oversee and manage plumbing (water/septic) and carpentry repairs and maintenance
- Oversee vehicle and equipment purchasing and maintenance programs
- Perform troubleshooting function for all parks
- Ensure record-keeping systems are being completed as per the systems procedure
- Ensure supplies and equipment are provided to all parks
- Attend meetings with BC Parks and other provincial and regional agencies as required.
- Research and develop new programs and services with local communities and First Nations
- Communicate with First Nations, Municipalities, and Regional Districts
- Ensure that Quality Control Plans are being administered as planned
- Approve labor schedules and budgets
- Monitor BC Parks reservation services
- Approve operating expenditures and invoices by Sea to Sky Park Services accounting system
- Works with Human Resources, Accounting, and Safety Managers
- Assist General Manager with other duties as required.
- Business or Operations Management degree or diploma, combined with 3 to 5 years of management experience within a comparable industry.
- Good understanding of BC Parks.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Well-organized with strong time management skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Word and excel.
- A good understanding of Risk Management practices.
- Knowledge of maintenance record-keeping systems.
- Confident, with strong conflict resolution skills, with the ability to lead and effectively manage park regulation compliance situations.
- Experience in budget development.
- Strong supervision and leadership skills to delegate duties and motivate staff.
- Ability to be a supportive team member.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently.
- Driver’s license – clean abstract required.
- Full-time year-round salaried management position.
- Based in the Squamish Area (some potential for temporary accommodation for up to 3 months if required)
- Medical, Dental, Extended Health, Life Insurance, and LTD benefits on a 50% cost-share basis between the company and the employee
- RRSP program after 12 months of employment
- Use of a company vehicle
- A flexible Schedule is required to include weekends, holidays, and evenings.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org