Title: Seasonal Park Worker
Reports to: Park Manager
Date: March 2019
Sea to Sky Parks is currently hiring for two full time seasonal park workers to join our team working at Nairn Falls Provincial Park which is located about 30 minutes North of Whistler. Positions are live on site – with accommodation provided. Positions commence April 15th approximately and run until October 1st. Park Attendants are responsible for providing a safe, clean and well organized park environment for guests, while fulfilling Sea to Sky Park Services contractual agreements within the Park Use Permit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compliance with all Sea to Sky Park Services policies and procedures.
- Carry out facility maintenance in accordance with the quality control plan to ensure park facilities are maintained to park standards – ensuring a safe, clean and sanitary environment in all Operating Areas.
- Maintain trailheads, which includes raking gravel, sweeping kiosk areas, maintaining garbage bins and map stands and picking up garbage from the parkland areas.
- Cleaning and maintaining campground areas, including picnic tables and fire pits
- Maintenance of washroom facilities which includes sweeping and cleaning the facilities and/or outhouses, restocking of supplies, and notifying maintenance personnel of any repairs that are required
- The safe use of all required machinery and equipment.
- Collection and reporting – To follow proper cash handling and record keeping procedures when required
- Open designated park gates to the public and close the gates at the end of the day
- Ensure park compliance and security by ensuring parkland areas are patrolled and ensuring that guests are abiding by the campground and park usage guidelines
- If working at an area that charges parking fees, enforcing parking compliance
- Maintain a high level of communication between co-workers and the Park Manager.
- Maintain a safe and positive work environment
- Monitor what’s going on in the park and respond appropriately
- Ensuring that all park visitors have the best experience possible.
- Other related duties as required.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of parks and/or grounds maintenance methods and equipment.
- Valid B.C. Drivers License required.
- Cash handling experience.
- Ability to keep organized and detailed records in regards to park usage, maintenance requirements, etc.
- Good public relations and guest service skills required.
- Ability to enforce Park rules and gain voluntary compliance in an effective manner.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to be a supportive team member
- Previous experience working in an outdoor work environment.
- Knowledge of BC Parks and related regulations.
- Ability to work independently in remote work locations
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Must be able to walk up to 5 kms per day
- Continuously bending, lifting, carrying of materials
- Standing up to 8 or more hours per day
- Pushing and Pulling of equipment i.e. lawnmowers etc
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays.
To apply or for more information please email email@example.com