Title: Seasonal Park Worker
Reports to: Park Manager
Date: March 2019
Sea to Sky Parks is currently hiring for two full time seasonal park workers to join our team working at Birkenhead Lake Provincial Park which is located about 1 and a half hours North of Whistler. Positions are live on site – with accommodation provided. Positions commence April 7th approximately and run until October 7th. Park Attendants are responsible for providing a safe, clean and well organized park environment for guests, while fulfilling Sea to Sky Park Services contractual agreements within the Park Use Permit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compliance with all Sea to Sky Park Services policies and procedures.
- Carry out facility maintenance in accordance with the quality control plan to ensure park facilities are maintained to park standards – ensuring a safe, clean and sanitary environment in all Operating Areas.
- Maintain trailheads, which includes raking gravel, sweeping kiosk areas, maintaining garbage bins and map stands and picking up garbage from the parkland areas.
- Cleaning and maintaining campground areas, including picnic tables and fire pits
- Maintenance of washroom facilities which includes sweeping and cleaning the facilities and/or outhouses, restocking of supplies, and notifying maintenance personnel of any repairs that are required
- The safe use of all required machinery and equipment.
- Collection and reporting – To follow proper cash handling and record keeping procedures when required
- Open designated park gates to the public and close the gates at the end of the day
- Ensure park compliance and security by ensuring parkland areas are patrolled and ensuring that guests are abiding by the campground and park usage guidelines
- If working at an area that charges parking fees, enforcing parking compliance
- Maintain a high level of communication between co-workers and the Park Manager.
- Maintain a safe and positive work environment
- Monitor what’s going on in the park and respond appropriately
- Ensuring that all park visitors have the best experience possible.
- Other related duties as required.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of parks and/or grounds maintenance methods and equipment.
- Valid B.C. Drivers License required.
- Cash handling experience.
- Ability to keep organized and detailed records in regards to park usage, maintenance requirements, etc.
- Good public relations and guest service skills required.
- Ability to enforce Park rules and gain voluntary compliance in an effective manner.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to be a supportive team member
- Previous experience working in an outdoor work environment.
- Knowledge of BC Parks and related regulations.
- Ability to work independently in remote work locations
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Must be able to walk up to 5 kms per day
- Continuously bending, lifting, carrying of materials
- Standing up to 8 or more hours per day
- Pushing and Pulling of equipment i.e. lawnmowers etc
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays.
To apply or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org