Park Hosts work closely with the Park Manager and Park Operators to provide a welcoming atmosphere in the park. Park hosts are responsible for welcoming visitors to the park, providing information on the park and surrounding areas and helping to keep the park lands tidy.
- To be on site and available to assist park users between the hours of 4:00pm and 8:00pm
- To provide direction to campsites, park facilities such as washroom locations, drinking water etc.
- To provide information on the local area such as points of interest, tourist attractions etc.
- To provide information on park rules and regulations.
- To provide information on additional services available in the park such as firewood sales, canoe rentals or other services.
- To assist with opening and closing campground gates in the morning and evening.
- To help keep day use areas tidy and well presented.
- Maintain a tidy host campsite
- Other duties as directed by the Park Manager
Terms of Employment
All park host positions are on a volunteer basis – with no paid compensation. Park hosts are required to commit to a minimum 2-week stay – maximum 3-week stay during the period July 1 to Labour day weekend. In return for volunteering – hosts will be provided with a complimentary campsite for the duration of their stay as well as a reference letter upon completion.
- Good communication skills
- Good guest service skills
- Good team player.
If you are interested in working as a park host at one of our parks or for more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or by phone (604) 986-9371 and provide us with some information on your background, skills and experience.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
For more information on volunteer opportunities with BC Parks go to http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/volunteers/opportunities/